POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Hi from DKBTrace author : Re: Hi from DKBTrace author Server Time
8 Aug 2024 20:24:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hi from DKBTrace author
From: Hookflash
Date: 19 Jan 2001 21:37:22
Message: <Xns902EBD2AFBF32hookflashhotmailcom@204.213.191.228>
"Alessandro Coppo" <a.c### [at] iolit> wrote in <3a68de3d$1@news.povray.org>:

>David Buck wrote in message <3A6### [at] simberoncom>...
>>These days, I'm working as a Smalltalk consultant.  (Did you know that
>>DKBTrace and POV-Ray had some Smalltalk concepts built into them?)
>
>Looking at the code I saw that it is just a few days work from becoming a
>complete C++ source. By the way, had not POV one of the most
>anti-free-software licenses I ever saw (barring commercial software), I
>would gladly do this job myself.
>
>Alessandro Coppo
>a.c### [at] iolit
>
>P.S.: a GREAT thank you for having started all this!

I agree that the PovRay license is currently inadequate.  In fact, I think
their whole software development philosophy is counter-productive... If
they would just OpenSource it like most other free projects out there, and
allow an open development process (similar to Linux), we wouldn't have to
all be sitting here waiting in the dark for the next release.  Of coarse, I
shouldn't be complaining, considering that PovRay is just plain awesome,
but sometimes I get frustrated.  Just my 2 cents.

Hookflash